There are government scholarships at the national and regional level to which international students can apply for. Moreover, some Italian universities offer Italian scholarship programs for international students.
The Italian Government awards scholarships for studying in Italy both to foreign citizens and Italian citizens. The scholarships are offered for undergraduate university courses, postgraduate university courses, master’s degree courses, Ph.D. courses and many others. It is only possible to apply for three, six, or nine month scholarships.
Here are some of the most famous Italian scholarships.
- EDISU Piemonte Scholarships. Students including non-EU international students enrolled in a full-time Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, Single Cycle Master’s degree, or PhD Degree courses at one of the Universities of Piedmont can apply for EDISU scholarships if they meet the merit and economic requirements of the competition. Part-time students can apply if enrolled in a bachelor’s degree. The scholarship amount varies depending on many conditions. Accommodation service can also be granted to non-resident students.
- Bologna University Study Grants for International Students. The University of Bologna offers study grants to international students who wish to register for First Cycle (Bachelors), Second Cycle (Masters) or Single Cycle Degree Programmes at the University of Bologna. Each study grant is awarded for one academic year and amounts to a total of €11,059.
- University of Pavia International Scholarships for Developing Country Students. The University of Pavia, in order to promote international cooperation with the Developing Countries, offers scholarships to outstanding students from developing countries to study a Master’s Degree Programme taught in English at the University. Each scholarship is worth about €8,000.
- Bocconi University Scholarships for International Students. Bocconi University offers scholarships to international students enrolling in any eligible Bachelor’s Program or Master of Science Program at Bocconi. The scholarship includes full tuition waiver worth up to €11,000 per year for Bachelor’s Program and up to €12,000 per year for Master’s of Science Program.
- University of Padova Scholarships for All Degree Courses. The University of Padua can handle regional funds to finance low-income students, both Italian and foreign, who have a good academic record and pursuing a degree at the University. The scholarship consists partly of money and partly of services, such as accommodation and meals at the University canteens.