The best way to explore the particular town or city you’ve chosen is by walking. To make it a lot easier we offer you a list of the best travel apps for your smartphone to use in Italy. Many of the apps are available on all platforms and don’t need an Internet connection to function.
- Italy’s Travel Guide by Triposo. This is a complete mobile guide to Italy. It is free and provides offline maps and useful information about landmarks and restaurants in over 100 cities.
- ProntoTreno. If you are exploring Italy by train, this app will help you. This app allows buying tickets in a few clicks. The app is in English.
- Museum Guides. This app will help you to discover Italy’s artistic masterpieces and archeological sites. Most museums have official and unofficial apps to help you understand the museums and the works.
- LingoLook. This app offers you quick lessons on basic words and phrases in Italian, along with their pronunciation. There is a possibility to search by situation which will make your trip easier.
- Word Reference. If you need to have a precise translation of some specific words from Italian to English and vice versa, this app is for you.
- Cibando. With the help of this app you will be able to circle the area you’d like to dine in and preview its restaurants. You will also be offered to see delicious photographs of dishes from local restaurants.
- Foodies by Gambero Rosso. This app is an Italian food and wine guide designed for true foodies who love to try anything special.
- Eat Rome, Eat Florence and Eat Venice. If you are visiting one of those amazing cities, these apps are for you.