There are blooming flowers everywhere, breathtaking views and verdant landscapes. Here are some of the most beautiful Italian places, especially in spring.
- The Dolomites. The Dolomites are great for skiing in winter, hiking in summer and catching breathtaking views in spring. There is a combination of vibrant greenery and beautiful flowers which grow in the Brenta Pass, a famous place for hikers.
- Ravello, on the Amalfi Coast. Of course, all of the Amalfi Coast is gorgeous in spring, but Ravello and its magnificent gardens and villas are a special place in spring. The 13th-century Villa Rufolo has an amazing garden filled with flowers and views of the seaside.
- The Umbrian countryside. The countryside of Umbria is considered the green heart of Italy. It looks amazing all year-round, but in spring, when the weather is warm and the flowers are blooming, it is especially charming. Find a medieval hilltop town like Spoleto and you will be rewarded by gorgeous views of the verdant countryside.
- Campo Imperatore in Abruzzo. The countryside of Abruzzo is as beautiful as the ones in Tuscany or Umbria. Campo Imperatore is an alpine meadow located not far from L’Aquila, which is the largest plateau in the Appenine Mountains. There is also the Alpine Botanical Garden which includes about 300 species of plants and flowers.
- Val d’Orcia in Tuscany. This is a picturesque place in Tuscany designated World Heritage site. Especially in spring the grass here turns electric green which looks absolutely stunning.
- Lake District in Italy. The lakes of northern Italy are a perfect destination in April or May. The weather here in this period of time is warm and there are no big crowds yet, but the views are amazing.